An opportunity has arisen to become part of our successful and growing agriculture finance team at our head office. You will support the finance manager and the senior management team, providing timely and accurate financial information and key performance indicators (KPIs) in order to assist in driving operational improvements and strategic decisions. Team work and cooperation with others is key to this role as you will provide a vital link between the production and finance team.
- Completing monthly accounts in conjunction with the finance team, taking responsibility for specific areas of the profit & loss and balance sheets
- Working with the finance manager, producing monthly management accounts, statutory reports and financial statements
- Produce ledger reconciliations on a monthly and annual basis
- Assisting the admin team, in the maintaining of stocks, valuations and purchase orders
- Developing and implementing robust and efficient processes and controls and drive continual improvement
- Asist with the training and development of others where appropriate
- Involvement in the implementation of health and safety procedures, promoting a positive culture towards health and safety law
Skills and experience:
- A recognised relevant qualification (or working towards) in accountancy is essential
- Previous FMCG manufacturing or Agricultural business experience (animal feed or supplies)
- Strong microsoft office proficiency (excel, word & powerpoint)
- SAP experience is desirable
- Strong analytical skills and a methodical approach to problem solving
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks accurately
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.