Assistant Management Accountant
We are recruiting an experienced assistant management accountant to join our busy finance team at our Redditch site. Supporting the management accountant, the main responsibilities of the role will include bank reconciliations, credit control, journals, as well as assisting with the month end tasks as required.
- Support month end tasks including but not limited to; accruals, prepayments and journals
- Assist with the production of weekly and ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Credit control - production of weekly aged debtors reports, cash allocations, chasing debtors and distribution of customer statements
- Assist with annual audits
- Balance sheet and bank account reconciliations
- Maintenance of the fixed assets register
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Import and export customs clearance
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Minimum AAT qualified or equivalent qualification by experience
- Solid all-round accounts experience
- Good knowledge and experience of SAGE Line 50 is essential
- Advanced Ms excel skills essential - VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Pivot tables and if statements minimum
- Confident with accounting principles and double entry book-keeping
- Able to deliver both independently and as part of the team with minimum supervision
- Good IT skills - ability to pick up new systems quickly and efficiently
- Able to manage heavy workload and strict deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Team player with the willingness to support in other areas of the business where necessary
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.