Accounts Payable Processor
This is a new role due to business growth. The role will provide a document processing facility and supplier communications support to the accounts payable team leader, working as part of the shared services accounts payable team. The incumbent will be required to take a full and active role in the administrative duties of the department with a flexible and proactive approach in accordance with changing priorities. The role will involve communication with suppliers relating to their account status and assisting the smooth operation of those accounts to ensure continuation of supply to the business.
- Processing invoices efficiently whilst being thorough, checking that all the information has been verified
- Taking phone calls from suppliers and other company sites, and upholding a polite and courteous manner
- Focus and ambition to work towards goals and deadlines
- Sorting the post, reconciling statements and answering supplier and site queries
- Present a professional image to internal and external customers, upholding the positive image of the Shared Service Centre and supporting a strong positive customer relationship
- Build strong working relations with the accounts payable team and broader shared service department
- Assist in producing of weekly KPI performance data, including the use of excel spread-sheets
- Work with the accounts payable team leader in the setting of agreed performance targets, and reporting against achievement of targets
- Any additional adhoc duties are also expected to be completed in a timely manner
- Ability to demonstrate financial understanding
- IT literate with experience of processing computer based data and accounts payable information
- Customer focussed with good communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to work within an agreed established framework and cope with pressure, working to deadlines and targets demonstrating a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to report accurately
- Ability to carry out repetitive tasks accurately and efficiently
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Experience of working within an accounts payable environment
- Experience of working within a fast paced, large organisation
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.