Assistant Transactional Finance Manager
We are looking for a highly efficient and driven experienced transactional accounts manager to join our shared service centre at Malton head office for a 12 month fixed term contract. The successful post holder will be responsible for developing a target driven, efficient and responsive team on behalf of the group transactional finance manager. Driving and supporting a high quality and accurate function within a strong financial control environment.
We are a well-invested and growing business there is strong potential for further growth and progression with our business. This role will require strong relationships to be developed across the Karro and Young's senior operational teams as well as across the wider finance team.
This role will require travel to Grimsby and potentially other locations at times of SAP implementation.
- Supporting the transactional finance manager to manage and lead the team
- Drive and support the team to achieve, measure and monitor performance using relevant KPI's, taking corrective steps as necessary
- Lead calls with sites and work to resolve root cause problems with IT and other functions
- Direct involvement in process as required within the team
- Provide first class customer service and drive continuous improvement
- Ensure queries are resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner to enable processes and payments are in accordance with all parties' terms
- Oversee accurate processing of payments in line with relevant policies
- Ensure robust controls and processes are embedded in the team to produce accuracy and protect against fraud
- Provide cash forecasting to the treasury team
- Support implementation of acquired business functions into the team
- Drive process improvements into the teams on behalf of the transactional finance manager and group financial controller, shaping a fit for future culture
- Developing and maintaining your teams' expertise in excel and new technologies to drive efficiency improvement
Skills and experience:
- Proven experience in transactional accounts management
- Experience of being able to manage, lead and develop a team
- Implementation of transactional ledgers through SAP
- Planning and prioritising workloads in a team environment
- Able to delegate effectively
- Provides appropriate solutions to problems
- Experience of working within a robust financial control environment
- Proactive and demonstrates initiative
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships
- A professional and effective communicator both written and verbal
- Effective management of suppliers and escalations
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.