Business Development Manager (Agriculture)
Field-based - regular UK travel and occasionally to Europe.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an individual with substantial Agri-business experience to be part of an industry recognised and growing agriculture team to deliver competitive advantage for Karro Food Group. The business development manager for Agriculture, will lead their team to deliver against both short term requirements today and long term developments and investments. The individual will hold credibility with our retail customers and partner organisations, in order to be able to engage and influence accordingly.
- Align customer insights and industry drivers with the business objectives, ensuring that our customers are part of the business development of our agriculture activities
- Ensure that all suppliers are managing their compliance & governance appropriately
- Support improvements in agricultural performance across Karro owned and partner farms to deliver improvements in key measures meeting factory requirements and exceeding budget
- Identify opportunities to reduce cost and manage cost exposure; generating improvements and income from R&D activities
- Ensure that all farms and partner farms meet our industry leading welfare policy and the expectation of our customers
- Deliver a high % of "raised without" treated pigs without compromising animal welfare
- Ensure that all pigs are processed with the aim of maximising potential revenue and removing risks to the business and that of our customers
- Support a Karro feed strategy that controls and manages cost, nutrition and environmental impacts
- Oversee relationships with the best farmers in the industry, both internally & externally, ensuring that customer requirements are continually met, through the supply chain
- Become the industry voice for responsible use of antibiotics. Work with our partner farmers to deliver lower mg/pcu through best practice
- Create a leadership position on environmental impact of pig farming to deliver "net zero"
- Identify and deliver opportunities to work with our partners in feed, genetics, farming and higher education to deliver industry leading research programs
Skills and experience:
- Substantial Agri-business experience within business development, customer support, technical management, supply chain or procurement management
- Well-established networks, track-record and credibility with leading retailers, R&D related academia and funding streams
- Extensive people management and development experience
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, gravitas and an ability to influence
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills combined with strategic level thinking and solid commercial acumen
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Management bonus
- Car allowance
- 25 days holiday per year
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.