An exciting opportunity has arisen for a hands-on commercial accountant at our Haverhill site.
The commercial accountant will maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the business by providing accurate and comprehensively presented information to the factory and other areas of the business. This is an ideal opportunity for a proactive and continuous improvement focused person to join a highly successful growing business and contribute to the success.
- Responsible for the day to day financial and management reporting
- Maintain product costings and standard costs
- Assistance in preparation of the weekly accounts
- Manage month end balance sheet reconciliations for stock and sales
- Prepare month end journals for stock and sales
- Prepare weekly forecast
- Work with senior managers to establish and implement strategies for their relevant business areas
- Proactively review and improve processes
- Supervise and guide all special exercises and investigations from a costing and financial aspect
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with all key internal and external contacts
- Support the team in the implementation of new initiatives, driving a best practice approach at all times
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Recognised relevant qualification (or working towards) in accountancy
- Understanding of FMCG industry
- Understanding of retailer products and product costings
- Experience of successfully managing tasks and projects through to completion
- Strong Excel analysis skills and the ability to demonstrate the application of logical analysis to manufacturing transactions
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
- Effective planning and organisational and communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills and ability to influence solutions
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Promotes a continuous improvement approach by continually challenging and driving standards forward
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.