The compliance auditor is responsible for ensuring the quality and safety of all our products onsite. Working closely with operational and site management to maintain the company's high standard of product and ensuring that product is despatched that meet strict customer specification.
Shift pattern: 12 hours shifts - Mon-Wed or Thu-Sat with 12 hour alternating Sundays
- Providing support to ensure safe production start-ups and shut downs and meeting daily compliance and site risk assessments
- Adhering to HACCP procedures and requirements
- Investigating near misses and accidents, maintaining accurate reports
- Strict adherence to food safety and food hygiene standards
- Ensuring environmental considerations are factored into daily working requirements, reducing all areas of waste and searching for continuous improvements
- Ensuring that product follows traceability and segregation process
- Maintaining a safe and hazard free work environment
- Being a champion of product quality, standards and practices
- Monitor the production processes and drive factory standards
- Record keeping
- Higher education qualification in either food technology, food science, food biotechnology or an associated discipline
- Internal auditing experience
- Minimum Level 3 Food Hygiene
- Experience within a food manufacturing quality and compliance
- Root cause analysis experience
- Experience of working to British Retail Consortium (BRC) standards
- Competitive salary
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group are a major UK food business, employing c. 3,000 people across 7 sites UK-wide, and generating over £600m+ of turnover every year. Karro is a leading producer of bacon, gammon, fresh pork, frozen sausage, ham and cooked meats - we manage the entire production process "from field to fork". We supply our high quality meat products to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers around the world. Core to our beliefs as a business is continuous innovation; adapting our products and services to ensure we are an industry leading, forward thinking and flexible business.