The cost accountant will join a well-established finance team at our highly successful, European leading, sous-vide production site, which forms part of our rapidly expanding Irish consumer foods business.
The role will involve working closely with the production, new product development (NPD), commercial sales teams and wider management teams to put together new product costings, investigate variances in gros margins, as well as running cost reports and taking on a lot of project work with production. This role will involve a high level of interaction with the site management teams and engagement with the factory.
- Investigate variances in the gross margin including detailed product margin and manufacturing line profitability analysis
- Analyse actual manufacturing costs and prepare weekly reports comparing standard costs to actual
- Review and maintain standard costing, bill of materials (BOM) and related costing processes
- Produce various accurate management reports to deadline
- Prepare costing analysis for new products and business proposals
- Financial control of inventory including accounting, valuation and obsolescence management
- Support the preparation of budgets including the development of robust forecast and budget models
- Support production managers in understanding product costs and driving improvement in product margins
- Support the project management office with financial analysis for key site projects
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and efficiency of the site finance function
- Prepare adhoc analysis as required by site or the financial controller
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- FMCG financial costings experience ideally within food manufacturing (preferably meat or fresh/chilled/frozen) however broader FMCG considered
- Strong cost systems experience with excellent numerical and analytical experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivated, self-starter with solid experience of improving processes
- Able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in an ever-changing fast paced environment
- Keen attention to detail combined with commercial acumen
- Excellent computer literacy with advanced Excel expertise
- Experience of integrated ERP systems advantageous
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holiday
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.