6 month contract
We are recruiting a credit controller to join our shared service credit control team and provide support to the transactional finance manager. The successful candidate will take a full and active role in the department with a flexible and proactive approach in accordance with changing priorities. The role will ensure and develop the efficient processing of sales ledger information to ensure payment of trade debt, and management of customer debit balances.
- Supporting the efficient processing of sales ledger information to ensure prompt and complete payment of trade debt
- Providing efficient and accurate processing of computer data
- Posting and allocating customer receipts within the sales ledger
- Using company and customer systems to identify invoice and query status
- Processing queries according to company and customer procedures and working closely with the dispute management team to ensure the timely resolution of customer queries
- Producing debt analysis, including the use of excel spread-sheets
- Managing sales ledger to ensure accounts are paid within terms
- Managing order block to ensure customers trade within terms
- Provide analysis and review sales ledger debt on a weekly basis to the transactional finance manager
- Produce weekly cash forecasting figures
- Communicating clearly and accurately with the customer, both verbally and in writing
- Taking ownership of duties with a minimum of supervision
- Complying with all current rules and regulations relevant to the role, following appropriate procedures in carrying out duties
- Presenting a professional image to internal and external customers, upholding the positive image of the shared service centre and supporting a strong positive customer relationship
- Customer account management and set up
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of credit control (essential)
- Experience of SAP (advantageous)
- Good level of numeracy
- Experience of processing computer-based data
- Ability to perform tasks accurately and efficiently
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to receive and understand instructions
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience of working to deadlines and KPI's
- The successful applicant will be able to work both independently and as part of a team
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays pro rata)
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.