THIS ROLE COULD BE BASED FROM ANY OF OUR IRELAND SITES AND WILL INVOLVE TRAVEL TO ALL SITES AND CUSTOMERS IN IRELAND
We seek a high performing senior commercial sales person for our newly formed Consumer Foods Ireland Commercial Division (Carroll's Cuisine, Cookstown, Magees, Ribworld, Callan Bacon). Reporting directly to the commercial director this role will take responsibility, with the support of their key account team, for the delivery of commercial activity within specified multimillion high turnover accounts for the whole of our Irish food business. This role brings a huge opportunity for growth within a well invested and stable rapidly growing food business.
The incumbent will have accountability for managing existing business with specified customers, whilst also gathering and presenting information about opportunities to achieve sales growth and maintain margins. Working cross functionally with colleagues across the business to deliver the overall business strategy whilst putting the customer at the center to deliver business benefit and advantage for Karro and the customer.
- Support the commercial director in the identification and delivery of commercial opportunities
- Deliver profitable growth in net sales value, at the agreed levels, by developing sustainable customer relationships
- Take full accountability for the management of allocated accounts, championing communication excellence with the customer
- Manage and develop the team and ensure that targets are agreed and achieved
- Work closely with the finance department in relation to costings, market price changes and margins
- Manage tender processes in conjunction with the commercial director to optimise sales and margins
- Take responsibility for delivering key KPI's with the team - volume, value, gross intake margin and waste
- Develop strong working relationship at all levels, internal and external, to support continued business and growth opportunities
- Ownership of internal and external category business plans
- Responsibility for driving key initiatives to drive category sales growth
- Working closely with the new product development teams, in supporting the delivery of new products as growth opportunities are identified
- Ensure that all existing business products meet key technical KPI's, understand quality and specifications issues, and enable quick resolution of any customer issues with existing product quality
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Proven experience of working within a sales environment, ideally with FMCG experience
- Experience working with major multiple retailers
- Ideally food or business qualification - educated to degree level or equivalent
- Good negotiating and strong communication skills
- Strong customer relations skills base
- Good understanding of category management
- Confident in making presentations and producing written reports
- Quality focused and commercially minded
- Good influencing and interpersonal skills
- Natural decision-maker, able to exercise judgement and take responsibility for the consequences of actions and decisions
- Work on own initiative, is flexible, positive and confident
- Good IT skills - Word, Excel, Power Point and Access database.
- Numerical and focused on detail
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- Company car or generous car allowance, fuel card
- 25 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.