Customer Service & Export Administrator
Reporting to the head of customer service and export shipping this is a new addition to an existing team looking after sales order processing and export documentation administration. The post-holder will work closely with both Karro sites and external warehouses. The core tasks are raising and releasing orders, creating and cross checking export documentation, amending information in SAP and communicating with both Customers, Freight forwarders and Commercial Account Managers.
We have two roles available:
Sunday: - 6.00am - 3.00pm
Monday - Thursday: 8.30am - 5.30pm
Occasional weekend & shift holiday cover
Monday - Thursday 7.00 - 4.00
Friday - 6.00 - 3.00
Occasional Weekend or shift changes
Tasks may vary depending on departmental requirements but will include:
- Accurate Inputting, collating and amending information in SAP in a timely manner
- Creation of export documentation
- Liaising with Coldstores and Freight forwarding on loading of export containers
- Taking ownership of specific export loads and following through to delivery to customer
- Checking data to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Processing orders using SAP and other systems as appropriate
- Filing of paperwork and maintaining accurate records
- Identifying problems and raising these with appropriate colleagues
- Liaising with all necessary internal & external departments and customers to communicate key information
Skills and experience:
- Good computer skills
- Self-motivation and drive, with the ability to take ownership of issues
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to interact at all levels of the organisation.
- Acute attention to detail and ability to maintain good, accurate records
- Strong people skills, with an ability to listen to and communicate with others
- Ability to work under pressure at times
- Ability to work individually but also part of a team
- Ability to multi task and switch from one task to another whilst retaining accuracy
- An open attitude, flexibility and willingness to take on additional roles
As the job holder will be often working independently, the most important skills required are self-motivation and the ability to take ownership of issues. If you are someone who enjoys a challenge and taking responsibility, then we would like to hear from you.
- Competitive salary
- 6 weeks holiday per year
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.