A newly created growth role supporting the Karro finance director and senior management team with the provision of financial information from across the business. Ensuring a strong financial control environment. This is a great opportunity to secure broad commercial exposure across the Karro group and improve financial processes and reporting.
- Provide financial information and analysis for senior management
- Carry out site balance sheet reviews and ensure compliance with group accounting policies
- Review and challenge capex project performance
- Work with the Karro site finance teams to identify and implement best practice and improve reporting across the group
- Assisting and providing cover for the commercial divisional accountant
- Ad-hoc project work as and when required
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Preferably FMCG finance experience within fresh, chilled or frozen food although other industries ideally manufacturing considered
- Qualified accountant or equivalent qualification through experience
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to report accurately and in a timely manner
- High levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical awareness
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
- High level of IT and systems skills
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships quickly and effectively with colleagues
- Strong communication skills and able to adapt style to suit situations
- Can work pro-actively either independently or as part of a team
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.