A newly created role for a despatch manager at our TS Bloors, Coalville site, a site possessing a strong heritage of producing high-quality product in a way that successfully combines the best of traditional and modern process. We seek to attract ambitious and quality focused people. The successful incumbent will lead our despatch team as well as having site wide responsibilities, therefore offering the role holder the opportunity to learn further aspects of the business and expand their experience accordingly. The hours of work are 2pm to 10pm Monday to Friday.
- Ensuring all customer orders are met in full and delivered within the customers required timescale
- Ensuring all products are booked out correctly and that lorries are loaded to achieve the most efficient delivery routes
- Effective management of product returns and residual trim products
- Effective communication of product shortages
- Ensuring that external areas of the building relating to despatch are kept clear and tidy
- Responsible for stock, the rotation of stock in despatch, highlighting older stock to avoid waste and doing stock takes recording information accurately and neatly
- Responsible for putting together the next day's production plans for the high care department and liaising with low care department supervisor to ensure the correct products are produced
- Responsible for ensuring that the production plan is completed in a timely manner on a daily basis and controlling the labour available to achieve that
- Responsible for ensuring all operators are trained on relevant tasks and that a succession plan is in place to cover team absence and holidays.
- Responsible for locking the site down after production has finished and leaving the site safe and secure in the absence of the back shift manager
- Ensuring that all company and group policies and procedures relating to health and safety are adhered to
- Ensuring that all company and group policies relating to hygiene and food safety at are adhered to
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience of working within a despatch department
- Previous supervisory experience
- Ability to lead and influence a team
- Quality and detail focused
- Compliance and policy focused
- Forklift license (desirable but not essential)
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Competitive contributory pension
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.