Rotating Weekly Shift pattern: Mon - Fri, 6.00am - 2.00pm and 2.00pm - 10.00pm
Working every fourth weekend: Saturday 6.00am - 2.00pm and phone cover for the full weekend from 10.00pm Friday to 5.00am Monday
We have an exciting opportunity at our Hull site for an engineering supervisor. This role will contribute to the achievement of the site objectives by ensuring that the plant, equipment, services, land and buildings are maintained to agreed company standards whilst motivating, managing and developing their team. The post-holder will be responsible for keeping the daily operations of the department flowing smoothly, they will also act as a front-line extension of the engineering managers authority.
- Responsible for ensuring that the engineers' duties are carried out in a timely effective manner
- Provide support, direction and assistance to the engineers in all areas of their assigned duties
- Supervision of all engineers during the shift
- Using the Pirana PPM system to carry out planned maintenance, fault finding and repairs within the factory and the site more broadly
- Lead the relocation and re-installation of machinery
- Machine changeovers and set-ups
- Ensure that machinery is ready for use at start up
- Completion of check-sheets as required
- Liaison and management of contractors ensuring all site and health and safety rules are adhered to
- Effective communication with production across all departments
- Training, coaching and mentoring of staff
- Attend allocated site tier meetings
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience of managing a team within an FMCG manufacturing environment
- Relevant engineering qualifications - recognised apprenticeship, minimum NVQ or equivalent on the job experience
- People leadership, management and development skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.