Export Stock Controller
Shift pattern: Thursday - Saturday 6.00am - 6.00pm
Plus an additional 23 days annually providing holiday cover on a (Monday - Wednesday)
We are looking for a new stock controller to join our busy and fast-paced team in a job share looking after domestic and export stock management. The post-holder will work closely with all Karro sites and external warehouses. The core tasks are stock reconciliations, resolving automatic interface document failures, control of stock movements and stock in terms of batch, quantity and catch weight.
- Accurate data inputting, collating and amending information in SAP in a timely manner
- Stock reconciliation processes
- Liaising with cold stores and freight forwarding in regard to the loading of export containers
- Taking ownership of stock reconciliations for a number of external cold stores
- Checking data to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Processing stock transfers and customer orders using SAP and other systems as appropriate
- Filing of paperwork and maintaining accurate records
- Identifying problems and raising these with appropriate colleagues
- Liaising with all necessary internal & external departments and customers to communicate key information
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Good computer skills (SAP would be advantageous but training will be provided)
- Previous experience of stock control would be advantageous but not essential
- Self-motivation and drive, with the ability to take ownership of issues
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to interact at all levels of the organisation
- Acute attention to detail and ability to maintain good, accurate records
- Strong people skills, with an ability to listen to and communicate with others
- Ability to work under pressure at times
- Ability to work individually but also part of a team
- Ability to multi task and switch from one task to another whilst retaining accuracy
- An open attitude, flexibility and willingness to take on additional roles
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday provision pro-rata to shift pattern
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.