Engineering Shift Leader
Shift pattern: 4on4off 12-hour day shifts (6am-6pm)
A rare opportunity to supervise and work with a really well established and experienced team. The engineering shift leader will supervise a team of 5 multi-skilled engineers, also provide support to the engineering manager to ensure an effective and efficient department.
- Actively support the engineering manager and operational shift leaders ensuring effective operations
- Lead the engineering team in maintaining process equipment and planned service procedures
- Provide effective and clear communications including: shift handovers and planned, preventative maintenance reports
- Assist with the training and development of others
- Undertake additional responsibilities as required
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Food industry experience in a similar position (meat industry preferred however other FMCG industries considered)
- Team management experience with strong people influencing skills
- Engineering HNC or higher
- Approved engineering apprenticeship or equivalent/NVQ level 3 or higher
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge and experience of computerized maintenance management systems (ideally CMMS)
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holiday per year
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.