Engineering Shift Supervisor
Situated at our Hull secondary meat processing site, reporting to the engineering manager the engineering shift supervisor will contribute to the achievement of the site objectives by ensuring that the plant, equipment, services, land and buildings are maintained to agreed company standards whilst motivating, managing and developing their team. The post-holder will be responsible for keeping the daily operations of the department flowing smoothly, they will also act as a front line extension of the engineering managers authority.
Shift pattern: Monday - Friday on a weekly rotation between 6am-2pm one week and 2pm-10pm the next. Flexibility will be required to provide occasional weekend cover.
- Responsible for ensuring that the engineers duties are carried out in a timely effective manner
- Provide support, direction and assistance to the engineers in all areas of their assigned duties
- Supervision of all engineers during the shift
- Using the Pirana PPM system to carry out planned maintenance, fault finding and repairs within the factory and the site more broadly
- Lead the relocation and re-installation of machinery
- Machine changeovers and set-ups
- Ensure that machinery is ready for use at start up
- Completion of check-sheets as required
- Liaison and management of contractors ensuring all site and health and safety rules are adhered to
- Effective communication with production across all departments
- Training, coaching and mentoring of staff
- Attend allocated site tier meetings
The successful candidate will ideally have significant experience of working in a similar manufacturing environment at shift supervisor level bringing prior experience of effectively managing a team of engineers, as well as a relevant engineering qualification. In addition to this they must be able to demonstrate that they have the ability to delegate jobs and responsibility to their team and be competent in making decisions regarding the facility and equipment. We are looking for candidates with drive, commitment and flexibility to join our forward thinking site.
- Competitive salary
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group are a major UK food business, employing c. 3,000 people across 7 sites UK-wide, and generating over £600m of turnover every year. Karro is a leading producer of bacon, gammon, fresh pork, frozen sausage, ham and cooked meats - we manage the entire production process "from field to fork". We supply our high quality meat products to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers around the world. Core to our beliefs as a business is continuous innovation; adapting our products and services to ensure we are an industry leading, forward thinking and flexible business.