Export Trading Administrator
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly focused individual to join the export trading team at our Cookstown site. The export trading administrator will have the opportunity to gain maximum exposure to a complex business whilst learning and developing within a company that is rapidly growing and extremely fast-paced. The trading team are responsible for nearly half Karros' commercial sales and work with a huge range of strategic long-term customers both within the UK and globally.
The export trading administrator will take full responsibility for ensuring that all documentation required to complete the department's export and shipping programme is carried out in an accurate, cost effective and timely manner.
- Timely and accurate completion of all export documentation which would include export health certificates (EHC), manual invoices and vehicle gross mass (VGM)
- Liaising with all necessary internal and external contacts, and customers to communicate key information
- Booking appointments for all required inspections prior to export
- Proforma invoicing
- Updating production and shipping forecasts and completing export documentation
- Order processing- using SAP
- Filing paperwork and maintaining accurate records
- Checking data to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Inputting, collating and amending information in SAP in a timely manner
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Knowledge of the export process (advantageous)
- Strong communication skills with the capability to communicate confidently internally and externally
- Able to work with proficiency on Microsoft word, excel and outlook
- Able to work within an agreed established framework and cope with pressure, taking responsibility for decisions and owning the account plans
- Strong attention to detail and ability to report accurately
- The ability to multi task and switch from one task to another whilst retaining accuracy
- Tactical thought process, able to challenge convention and identify alternative ways of working
- Ability to manage large volumes of work to strict deadlines
- Confident decision maker
- Ability to multi task and switch from one task to another whilst retaining accuracy
- High levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical awareness
- Working knowledge of SAP would be advantageous but not essential as full training can be given
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion