Engineering Team Leaders
Reporting directly to the engineering manager the successful candidate will contribute to the achievement of the site objectives by ensuring that the plant, equipment, services, are maintained to agreed company standards whilst motivating, managing and developing their team. The shift engineering supervisor will be responsible for keeping the daily operations of the department flowing smoothly, they will also act as a front line extension of the engineering managers authority.
- Responsible for ensuring that the engineers duties are carried out in a timely effective manner
- Provide support, direction and assistance to the engineers in all areas of their assigned duties
- Supervision of all engineers during the shift
- Control of contractors - permit to work
- Using the Pirana PPM system to carry out planned maintenance, fault finding and repairs within the factory and the site more broadly
- Lead the relocation and re-installation of machinery
- Machine set-ups
- Ensure that machinery is ready for use at start up
- Completion of check-sheets as required
- Liaison and management of contractors ensuring all site and health and safety rules are adhered to
- Effective communication with production across all departments
- Training, coaching and mentoring of staff
- Attend allocated site tier meetings
The successful candidate will ideally have significant experience of working in a similar manufacturing environment at shift supervisor level bringing prior experience of effectively managing a team of engineers, as well as a relevant engineering qualification. In addition to this they must be able to demonstrate that they have the ability to delegate jobs and responsibility to their team and be competent in making decisions regarding the facility and equipment. We are looking for candidates with drive, commitment and flexibility to join our forward thinking site.
- Competitive salary
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.