Interim Engineering & Transformation Project Manager
The interim engineering & transformation project manager reports into our group transformation director, as part of a newly formed group transformation team and will manage selected group transformation projects, largely in engineering, to support the business strategy. The post-holder will provide key support to the group transformation director advising on issues and their resolutions; identifying bad practices and opportunities for improvements; proposing new or improved processes and/or project development to deliver these key projects on time, on budget and to the project scope. The role entails the development of the scope and then the execution of the project ensuring alignment with an agreed site, budget and time scale.
- Scope, lead the design of and the execution of projects as required by the business
- Demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of food manufacturing
- Generate specifications: functional & technical as required
- Control the interaction of third-party expertise and contractors as required
- As a key ambassador for the business; the role involves regular interaction with the customer base across the sites
- Comply with all local legislation and regulatory requirements concerning business activities in every country where we are active
Skills and experience:
- FMCG operational engineering experience within food manufacturing
- Project Management: large scale
- Ability to interpret and translate between business requirement and project scopes
- Demonstrate relevant IT literacy (Microsoft Office & Excel in particular)
- Thrive on variety, the unknown and challenges
- Ability to multi-task within a fluid environment where goals and priorities change
- Ability to correctly prioritise work - and be highly flexible, amending priorities frequently as business goals change
- Strong negotiation skills
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks to tight deadlines
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group are a major UK food business, employing c. 3,000 people across 7 sites UK-wide, and generating over £600m of turnover every year. Karro is a leading producer of bacon, gammon, fresh pork, frozen sausage, ham and cooked meats - we manage the entire production process "from field to fork". We supply our high quality meat products to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers around the world. Core to our beliefs as a business is continuous innovation; adapting our products and services to ensure we are an industry leading, forward thinking and flexible business.