Shifts Friday to Monday 6am-4pm
Are you a logical thinker who enjoys the fast pace? We are always keen to speak to candidates who either want to develop a successful career within the food industry or share their knowledge from their previous employment with our forward-thinking engineering team. The aim of this role is to maintain and repair all equipment in your relevant department. Each department has strict hygiene and safety rules in order to avoid contamination, so a crucial part of this role is being aware of and adhering to the restrictions.
Once you have climatized into the business you will be observing the team and shadowing the engineers before you are ready to take on some of the following:
- Attend to breakdowns, rectifying problems to enable continued production
- Monitor & maintain the planned maintenance system
- Machine includes Auto Linkers, Grinders, Bagger machines, flow wrapper, slicers, Proseals & Bowl Choppers.
- Electrical fault finding and maintenance (PLC's, inverters, stop/start control circuits)
- Maintain and service temperature control equipment
- Identify opportunities for improvements to the department
- Being the ambassador for the site at all times, behaving in a professional and courteous manner with both internal and external customers
- Undertake other jobs as reasonably requested within the scope of the job to improve the running of the department Maintain the engineering capability of the plant in line with the needs of the business.
- Ensure effective crew handovers.
- Ensure effective communication with all relevant departments.
- To be compliant with Company, site and statutory health and safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Contribute to the upgrade, service and installation of all new and existing equipment.
Skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a fast-paced production environment with high speed production lines
- Relevant engineering qualifications - recognised apprenticeship, minimum NVQ or equivalent on the job experience
- Electrical and mechanical multi-skilled engineering background ideally both with an electrical bias
- Knowledge and understanding of safety in the workplace are essential
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to think on your feet
- Competitive pay
- Overtime rates of pay available
- 23 days holiday (accrues with service)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
- Free products provided from the canteen (sausage sandwiches & tea/coffee)
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion