Reporting to the site financial controller this role will assist in maximising the efficiency and effectiveness of site finance department ensuring timely and accurate accounts information. The incumbent will monitor, measure and report through strategic KPI information on organizational performance and provide robust analysis to provide meaningful insights to drive increased factory performance.
Responsibility for the day to day management reporting of:-
- Daily meat variances showing efficiency and usage variances together with associated graphs to assist with interpretation. Explaining findings with the financial controller and production shift managers in order for action to be taken on any lapses in production procedures.
- Daily labour variances highlighting areas of inefficiency and rate variances to enable the financial controller and production shift managers to investigate and implement tighter labour controls.
- Responsible for ensuring all reports required for the weekly accounts pack are produced accurately, in line with standard variance analysis techniques, and meet defined deadlines
- Work closely with financial controller and production shift managers providing effective financial support that ensures full understanding and explanation
- Assistance in preparation of the weekly accounts
- Preparation of weekly bridge and commentary
- Work with the senior management team to assist in preparing the annual budget and weekly forecasts to agreed deadlines
- Proactively review, improve and simplify processes
- Attend factory meetings as deemed necessary
- Provide cover for other finance tasks as necessary including costing of new products and month end
Skills and experience:
- Ideally CIMA finalist or newly qualified, part-qualified or qualified by experience considered
- Management accountancy experience
- Good understanding and experience of ideally the FMCG manufacturing industry although other manufacturing experience may be considered
- Microsoft excel - intermediate to advanced
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
- Reliable, conscientious, self-motivated and professional
- Effective planning and organisation skills
- Effective communication - written, verbal and non-verbal
- Promotes a continuous improvement approach by continually challenging and driving standards forward
- Excellent team working skills
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year (incl public)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.