Karro Food Group are a major UK food business, employing c. 3,000 people across 7 sites UK-wide, and generating over £600m+ of turnover every year. Karro is a leading producer of bacon, gammon, fresh pork, frozen sausage, ham and cooked meats - we manage the entire production process "from field to fork". We supply our high quality meat products to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers around the world. Core to our beliefs as a business is continuous innovation; adapting our products and services to ensure we are an industry leading, forward thinking and flexible business
Based at Karro head office in Malton, North Yorkshire, the post-holder will be part of the accounts payable team, providing document processing and supplier communication support, as well as supporting the cash planning department, posting bank receipts and transactions into SAP, whilst also providing cover for our masterdata expert.
The successful applicant must be able to work to a high standard of accuracy and efficiency and possess good communication skills with an ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Shift pattern: Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm (40 hours)
- Fielding phone calls from suppliers and the Karro sites, responding efficiently and effectively, in a polite and courteous manner
- Processing a high volume of invoices efficiently whilst being thorough, checking that all the information has been verified
- Daily duties include sorting post, reconciling statements and answering supplier and site queries
- Downloading daily customer receipts and transactions from the online banking system and posting into spreadsheets
- Posting bank receipts and transactions into SAP
- Processing cheques received
- Initiating bank payments and transfers
- Analysing daily / weekly bank movements to enable variances against forecast to be calculated
- Ad hoc reporting
- Creation and maintenance of Masterdata as/when necessary
- Experience of working within an accounts or finance environment
- IT literate with experience of processing data and accounts payable information
- Strong attention to detail and ability to report accurately
- Able to work within an agreed established framework and cope with pressure
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- Ability to demonstrate achievements in previous roles
- Experience of working within a large organisation
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.