Factory Area Leader
We are recruiting a factory area leader to be based at our site in Hull. Managing a team of people across two departments, the factory area leader will effectively and efficiently manage the product, preparation and manufacturing process through the optimum use of people, materials, plant equipment and machinery. They will use their skills and experience to maximize productivity, quantity, cost and delivery within defined timescales and budget parameters.
Shift pattern: 6am to 6pm, 4 days on/4 days off
- Maximize productivity ensuring product is manufactured in line with site standards of quality, quantity, cost and timescale and budget parameters
- Ensure materials (packaging, cases, labels and tape) and anything associated with the production and packing of company products are available to the lines prior to manufacture
- Maintain hourly data capture through our lean driver, short interval control (SIC) and Hellenic systems creating an improvement action where required
- Ensure effective hourly communications on shift and between relevant and SIC meetings to resolve issues impacting on production
- Maintain safe, effective and efficient utilization of personnel, materials, plant, equipment and machinery whilst on shift
- Deliver site improvement targets and actively support site continuous improvement activities
- Maintain and improve GMP standards throughout the site
- Complete shift KPI's in line with company procedure
- Complete audits as and when required
- Ensure that all health and safety requirements are adhered to at all times and investigate actions appropriately and implementing and closing out rapidly accident investigation action points
- Manage return to work interviews appropriately for staff returning from holidays or sickness
- Maintain traceability and product integrity
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience of managing a team in a manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of IT systems
- Good communication and team working skills
- Good decision-maker able to exercise judgement and take responsibility for actions and decisions
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
- Strong influencing and motivational skills
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify and interpret plant / equipment faults
- Possess customer focus and product passion
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday per year
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion