Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner (Group Finance)
Forming part of our group finance function at head office the finance business partner will be responsible for partnering with the business and external advisers to ensure integrity in the full life cycle of research and development claims. They will be required to develop high quality, comprehensive documentation relating to all of the business's innovative projects to support research and development claims for the Group Finance function and Executive Board. This role will require strong relationships to be developed across the Karro senior operational teams as well as across the wider finance team.
- Proactively working with sites supporting them in the full life cycle of research and development claims
- Lead in understanding, challenging and optimising claims relating to innovative projects
- Develop standard control frameworks, processes and procedures to ensure the integrity of the business's research and development claims
- Lead in producing detailed documentation, calculations and reports, seeking internal and external opinion where appropriate, to fully support research and development claims and minimise risk to the business
- Travelling to sites and site acquisitions into the Karro business, to ensure support is as effective as possible (occasional travel outside the UK will be required)
- Liaising with HMRC and external advisors on behalf of the group tax manager. Holding external advisors to account to ensure value for money is being obtained for the business
- Gaining an understanding of, and maintain a working knowledge of the rules relating to research and development tax relief
- Supporting the business by developing training and enhancing the knowledge of site finance teams in research and development claims
- Completing all financial forecasting in relation to research and development claims
- Supporting the group finance function as required
Skills and experience:
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA - ESSENTIAL
- Excellent technical skills
- Flexible and able to consistently meet deadlines and remain consistently motivated and focused on delivery
- Proactive and demonstrates initiative, whilst maximising opportunities for improvement
- Excellent communicator (both written and in verbal form to a wide variety of audiences including those at the highest level), able to adapt style to suit situations
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships quickly and effectively with colleagues and seeks and develops new relationships that will support the finance team
- Can work proactively either independently or as part of a team
- Objective, maintains unbiased approach and displays integrity at all times
- Provides appropriate solutions to problems with proven experience of decision making
- Appreciates the benefit of detail and an excellent control environment and consistently aims for improvement
Part - time and flexible working options will be considered for this role, however there will also be a requirement to travel to Karro sites as required.
- Competitive salary
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.