Reporting to the site director and forming part of the site management team, you will be entirely accountable for production operations across the whole Haverhill site. You will be responsible for achieving operational profitability targets by leading, developing and motivating all personnel within factory operations. The prime focus of the role is to provide a safe and supportive working environment for the factory to produce the highest quality cooked meat products on time and, in so doing, maximising efficiency, exceeding profitability targets, reaching the required return on investment and strategic goals.
This is a demanding role with significant autonomy, requiring high energy and considerable flexibility.
- Engage as an active member of the site management team to ensure the future success of the site, providing leadership and direction to the business
- Plan, develop and implement operational strategies to maximise the efficiency of manufacturing within cost budget levels and compliance with company policies and statutory legislation requirements without compromising safety, hygiene, quality, quantity and cost
- Lead, manage and guide shift managers ensuring individual objectives are aligned with the achievement of manufacturing all orders in full, on time and within required specifications and standards
- Develop, implement and monitor appropriate financial controls and operational KPI's to meets or beat financial performance commitments
- Recommend purchasing of capital equipment, changes in product design, facilities, methods and cost-effective technology to maximise production
- Drive a continuous improvement philosophy by utilizing GMP/TPS principles, tools and methodologies across all areas to improve business performance
- Create and lead the execution of projects to ensure consistent management of costs and eliminate gaps in meeting the overall manufacturing strategy
- Ensure standards for product quality, hygiene, equipment, technical, and operator performance are strictly maintained and adhered to achieve customer satisfaction
- Responsible for ensuring the site is in full compliance with all health, safety and environment legislation and all operational staff are fully trained
- Manage the departmental budget and allocated budgets across the site
- Support the Site Director cover in his absence and any other tasks and projects as requested
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Considerable experience of managing operational teams in a very fast paced, pressurised FMCG manufacturing environment, supplying the retail multiples
- Strong track record of achievement in the production management
- Excellent communicator and team motivator, able to influence, coach and support a team of supervisors to drive their shifts forward with a professional, enthusiastic attitude
- Knowledge and experience of lean manufacturing combined with an ability to develop a culture based on the continuous pursuit of best practice in manufacturing
- Determination and resilience to cope with setbacks and to manage difficult circumstances proactively and professionally and make confident considered decisions
- Always striving for continuous improvement from a health and safety, output, quality and efficiency perspective
- A keen eye for quality with a strong knowledge of operating quality processes and systems
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,000 employees over 13 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.