Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst
With the acquisition of Eight Fifty Food Group (Karro and Youngs) by Sofina Foods there is a requirement for further additional reporting and business support. This newly created role, reporting directly into the head of FP&A, will assist in the creation of new operational reporting streams as well as all the current reporting requirements that fall within the FP&A team. Alongside the Head of FP&A, there will be the opportunity to work closely with both the group financial controller and the divisional finance directors. The ability to business partner at all levels of the business as well as a desire to improve efficiency is essential.
- Accountable for the development and improvement of the reporting processes
- Maintenance and development of the existing SAP and Anaplan etc systems, ensuring all finance systems are integrated
- Taking a proactive approach to developing solutions in the system
- Assisting in the creation of a robust controls process around the finance systems
- Assisting the head of FP&A in the preparation of high-quality budgets and forecasts and understanding how these relate to the strategy for the business
- Producing detailed reports and analysis to the senior finance team
- Identifying and analysing variances between actual performance and previous forecasts
- Along with the head of FP&A and other FP&A analysts, act as the business partner to the wider finance team to understand their requirements and explain the capabilities within the reporting tools available
- Support head of FP&A in providing value adding and actionable insight into business performance
- Contribute pro-actively to the operational improvement drive in the business through reporting, analysis and challenge of financial and operational KPIs
- Assisting the group financial controller with the implementation of company systems, SAP and Anaplan etc, into future business acquisitions
- Aid in creation and implementation of a financial consolidation tool
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA part-qualified and actively pursuing full qualification
- Strong systems knowledge; Excel - Pivot Tables, Sumifs, V Look-Ups etc (essential) SAP and Anaplan (desirable)
- Strong management reporting experience
- Confident in building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships
- Proven track record of producing detailed reports and analysis
- Analytical and mathematical mind-set, with a problem-solving approach
- A self-motivated individual thriving in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, to meet tight deadlines
- Proactive and demonstrates initiative and maximises opportunities for improvement
- Flexible approach and the ability to deal with high levels of change
- Driven and motivated to develop their skill set and progress a career
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.