Factory Systems Support Assistant
3 week shift rotation:
Monday - Friday
- 00am - 1.00pm, 7.00am - 3.00pm and 10.00am - 6.00pm
We are looking for a factory systems assistant to join our IT function to support the central IT team taking responsibility for the delivery of functional changes and business process improvements within the site and Karro Food Group as necessary.
Assisting with strategic projects supporting the Karro sites in line with the company IT strategy. The role ensures that projects impacting on or requiring IT involvement are reported and managed in line with the IT corporate governance and procedures with a special emphasis on factory systems.
- Spending equal amounts of time within the factory and office delivering factory IT as required
- Scanning data into fast moving systems to ensure the system is generating the correct product label information
- Assist in the resolution of any service interruptions and implementation of appropriate functional solutions as needed to ensure on-going problems are resolved
- Support the implementation of the company strategy by evaluating, recommending and implementing key activities to deliver
- Develop and maintain your expertise in the ICT systems and services whilst maintaining the ability to meet the businesses demands
- Regular interaction with internal customers across the business
- Work as part of a unified team, driving increased IT and business knowledge throughout and supporting an environment for the whole team to contribute to success
- Manage the process of change effectively
- Recognize areas for internal improvement and suggest changes
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Ideally previous experience of working within an FMCG manufacturing environment
- Understanding of standards for compliance and quality
- Understanding and awareness of health and safety
- Strong IT literacy is essential and knowledge of Hellenic is preferable although training can be provided
- A very keen eye for detail and ability to maintain good, accurate records
- Excellent communication and strong negotiation skills
- A methodical approach to problem solving
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to work individually but also part of a team
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.