An opportunity has arisen for a new role within our environment team for a groundsman at the Malton site, in order to assist with the care and maintenance of external areas.
We are looking for a hard worker who is happy to undertake all aspects of groundwork and muck in wherever needed. Essential qualities include a willingness to work as part of a team and take instruction, common sense, reliability, and a great worth ethic.
This role will be predominantly based outside, all year round.
- General care of the front /entrance to the site
- Grass cutting
- Maintenance of the car park and site up to and including the external boundary fence line
- Path maintenance
- Emptying bins and litter picking
- General duties associated with property maintenance
Skills and experience:
- Confident, competent, determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
- Reliable, conscientious, self-motivated and professional
- A high level of attention to detail
- Fork Lift Truck License beneficial but not essential, as training will be provided
- Effective organisation and communication skills
- Promotes a continuous improvement approach by continually challenging the status quo and driving standards forward
- Excellent team working skills
- Physically fit & healthy
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.