Group Assistant Accountant
850 Food Group is looking to recruit an assistant accountant, who is working towards an accounting qualification, to work within the general ledger team. The post holder will assist with all aspects of management accounting and group reporting, acting as a key member of the general ledger team in the shared service centre group finance team at head office. They will work to a high standard of accuracy and efficiency, responsible for a variety of duties and supporting the group reporting manager with the timely and accurate production of financial information.
Specifically the post holder will be responsible for accurate accounting and reporting of fixed assets and customer rebate reconciliations. The role will involve communication with all 850 Group sites and strong communication skills are essential. This role is in a fast paced, demanding environment that may require the candidate to spend time interacting with financial and non-financial stakeholders as required.
- Timely and accurate production of group balance sheet reconciliations in line with the group accounting policy, ensuring full ownership of reported balances
- Ownership of fixed assets accounting for 850 Group, ensuring compliance to group policy and accurate accounting treatment followed
- Reporting and accurate reconciliation of customer rebates and over-riders at period end and as required during the period
- Sales and purchase ledger reconciliation versus balance sheet
- Consolidate monthly employee headcount reporting
- Support and develop processes impacted by SAP roll outs across Eight Fifty group acquired businesses
- Identifying and developing improvements to processes and controls
- Provision of weekly and monthly reporting using SAP, Anaplan and Business Warehouse
- Assisting in the year end activities for the site including audit Files and statutory accounts
- Support audit work as required, especially at year-end
- Support period end reporting and processes
- Ad-hoc reporting and duties as required
Skills and experience required:
- Ideally foundation or earlier stage CIMA / ACCA although AAT will be considered
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in an accurate manner
- Excellent analytical, communication and team working skills
- Very strong interpersonal skills, must be able to develop strong relationships
- Ability to identify process flaws and provide solutions
- SAP experience desirable
- Strong excel ability: e.g. vlook-up, pivot tables, and high level formulae knowledge
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.