A unique, high profile and broad senior buying role that has arisen due to further growth at Karro Food Group. The successful incumbent will be required to purchase raw material for the entire Karro group across multiple sites in the UK and Ireland, controlling a spend in excess of £100 million with key focus on price, quality and service level.
This role demands more than managing a set supplier base on cost, quality and price, it will require the incumbent work closely with sites to ensure supply performance and to explore and scope out new supplier markets. This presents an exciting opportunity for the successful incumbent to leverage and elevate their meat buying experience and secure best in class delivery for Karro and our customers.
This role could be based at any of our Karro group sites in the UK or Ireland and will require extensive regular travel within the UK, Ireland and Internationally.
- Ensure purchase of the raw material competitively to the requirements of the site
- Manage the current supplier base and all elements of supplier performance (quality, service level and price) ensuring best in class delivery and minimizing costs through production
- Pro-actively investigate new supply options, different markets, and specification variations to ensure both cost competitiveness and yield maximization
- Constantly review the supplier base in order to remain competitive in the marketplace and maintain consistent supply
- Work closely with all our Karro group sites to review, monitor and improve yields, quality and supplier performance
- Work closely with NPD teams to support the development of new product opportunities
- Produce market reports so we can accurately forecast prices and switch into new markets
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Substantial buying experience, preferably in a meat buying role
- Strong negotiating skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proactive, inquisitive and able to challenge appropriately
- Possessing strong inter-personal skills combined with an ability to persuade and influence with gravitas
- Commercially savvy
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Company bonus scheme
- 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.