Group Management Accountant
850 Food Group is looking to recruit a Group management accountant, who is a qualified accountant or nearing the final stages of an accounting qualification such as CIMA / ACCA, to work within the general ledger team. The post holder will have full ownership of certain aspects of management accounting and group reporting, acting as a key member of the general ledger team in the shared service centre group finance team at head office. They will work to a high standard of accuracy and efficiency, responsible for a variety of duties and supporting the group reporting manager with the timely and accurate production of financial information.
Specifically the post holder will be responsible for accurate accounting and reporting of various balance sheet areas including fixed assets and rebate reconciliations and provide full support with group reporting processes. The role will involve communication with all 850 Group sites and strong communication skills are essential. This role is in a fast paced, demanding environment that may require the candidate to spend time interacting with financial and non-financial stakeholders as required.
- Timely and accurate production of group balance sheet reconciliations in line with the group accounting policy, ensuring full ownership of reported balances including peer review of reconciliations to drive best practice.
- Full ownership of fixed assets accounting for 850 Group, ensuring compliance to group policy and accurate accounting treatment followed, including acquisitions, disposals, depreciation and timely and accurate production of asset packs and statutory disclosures.
- Full ownership of customer rebates and over-riders including reporting, accurate reconciliation at period end, resolution of actions and other reporting as required during the period.
- Support with period end Central and Group reporting and drive process improvements to streamline the close process.
- Support in the year end activities for the site including audit files and statutory accounts and assistance in preparation of group accounts disclosures.
- Support with IFRS6 16 calculations and review.
- Consolidate monthly employee headcount reporting.
- Support and develop processes impacted by SAP roll outs across Eight Fifty group acquired businesses.
- Identifying and developing improvements to processes and controls.
- Provision of weekly and monthly reporting using SAP, Anaplan and Business Warehouse.
- Support in the year end activities for the site including audit Files and statutory accounts.
- Support audit work as required, especially at year-end.
- Ad-hoc reporting and duties as required.
Skills and experience required:
- Ideally qualified accountant or final stage CIMA / ACCA will be considered
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in an accurate manner
- Excellent analytical, communication and team working skills
- Very strong interpersonal skills, must be able to develop strong relationships
- Ability to identify process flaws and provide solutions
- SAP experience desirable
- Strong excel ability: e.g. vlook-up, pivot tables, and high level formulae knowledge
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.