Group Resourcing Advisor
A varied and challenging role taking ownership of the end to end recruitment life-cycle for a clearly defined portfolio of permanent salaried roles across the whole of the Karro group. Prioritizing direct hires, maintaining a consistent high-touch and positive candidate experience. Working collaboratively with the HR team, broader business stakeholders and where appropriate carefully selected recruitment partner agencies to ensure that the business is attracting the best talent in the market.
In non-Covid times this role will require adhoc travel to Karro group sites across the UK and Northern Ireland. Full driver's license is essential as is the flexibility to travel and stay away overnight (monthly).
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and work closely with hiring managers to recruit the right talent to a portfolio of salaried roles (under £40,000 salary)
- Manage the full recruitment life-cycle from hiring manager briefing, advertisement writing (to specific guidelines), CV screening, phone interviewing, shortlisting, interview coordination and management of the offer process, ensuring hiring managers are engaged to the process, setting clear realistic timelines and keeping hiring managers informed of progress
- Ensure an efficient and successful recruitment process within a specific time to hire target
- Ensure that all candidates receive a positive recruitment experience, continuously raising the organizations profile and employer brand
- Sourcing for candidates on CV databases, social media groups, job fairs and talent database
- Work creatively and use initiative to build strong talent pipelines and source candidates in business-critical areas where talent is scarce, with specific focus on engineering at our largest production site
- Accurate recording of candidate information on our applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Support the group resourcing manager in adhoc recruitment related activities and projects
Essentials skills, qualifications and experience:
- Full life-cycle recruitment experience within a fast paced, target driven environment, agency or inhouse experience considered, preference will be given to candidates who have prior experience of FMCG food manufacturing
- Knowledge of recruitment best practise and experience of candidate and stakeholder management
- Professional, credible, with a sense of urgency combined with the ability to engage and influence at all levels both internally and externally
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient and able to work on own initiative and take ownership of the end-to-end resourcing process
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to manage own workload efficiently, be proactive, responsive and enjoy achieving results both personally but also for the benefit of the business
- Flexible and agile in response to business change, with resilience and gravitas
- A perceptive and intuitive interviewer, with the ability to challenge and critically assess candidates
- Strong negotiation skills
- IT literate, including experience of applicant tracking systems, social media and CV searching tools
Preferred skills, qualifications and experience:
- Professional qualifications in either recruitment or human resources (CIPD) although professional development could be offered through a higher-level apprenticeship
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- Company car allowance
- 25 days holiday per year
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.