Group Tax Accountant
Reporting to our group head of tax, this is a new growth role for the Eight Fifty Group (Karro & Youngs Seafood) taking responsibility for supporting the day to day tax compliance for the group. Including corporate tax, VAT, customs duties, employment tax advisory, group tax forecasting and preparation of the UK tax computations. The incumbent will also support the group with overseas tax compliance obligations, preparing UK VAT and statistical returns and supporting the groups annual and current tax provisioning, whilst working closely with the business to provide advice and championing improvements to tax processes. Maintaining good contacts with external professional advisors and supporting the relationship with HMRC.
- Preparation and submission of UK tax computations of group companies, including detailed tax analysis of tax sensitive items and capital allowance claims
- Preparing UK tax payment on account forecasts
- Arranging for prompt payment of corporation tax liabilities, and dealing with tax administration aspects e.g. group payment arrangements
- Adherence to the group's tax strategy
- Ensuring elections are considered and made, where advantageous, in good time.
- Supporting and monitoring compliance with HMRCs Senior Accounting Officer legislation across the group
- Supporting the submission of overseas tax computations
- Keeping up to date with changes in tax legislation and practice relevant to the group and advising management of opportunities for tax mitigation/ additional tax liabilities involved
VAT AND OTHER INDIRECT TAXES
- Preparation of UK VAT returns and supporting workings
- General advice and assistance to the group regarding VAT, including notification of changes in legislation and practice
- Monitoring compliance with requirements of other indirect taxes, including import duties, and considering opportunities to mitigate impact of such taxes
- Providing advice regarding employee taxes in general
- Support to the review and submission of group PSA returns
- Support to the preparation of the tax charge and tax notes to be included in annual group accounts and agreement with auditors
- Support to the preparation of the tax charge and tax notes to be included in subsidiaries' annual statutory accounts and agreement with auditors
- General assistance with group reporting and compliance issues
- Transfer pricing - support to ensuring all group charges (incl head office recharges) are adequately documented and are within TP guidelines
- Preparation of the group's annual CBCR return
- Maintenance of a tax elections, notifications and tax deadlines diary
- Other ad hoc projects and project support as required
Skills and experience:
- Qualified Tax professional (CTA) or finalist. Accounting qualification desired but not essential
- Excellent technical ability
- Self-starter, able to drive projects forward unaided
- Motivated, good communication skills and a confident decision maker
- Ability to develop good working relationships at all levels both within and outside the organisation
- Good project time management skills
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines and adapt quickly to changing business needs
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year OR 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.