The HR Adviser role will be responsible for coordinating and delivering the Malton sites strategic initiatives including but not limited to; case management (sickness, absence, employee relations, performance management, recruitment & onboarding, inductions, training and development. The adviser will be the first point of contact and triage for their stakeholders and will work closely with the wider HR Team to ensure that queries and issues are dealt with in an effective and timely manner by the relevant team member.
The Adviser will deliver an exceptional HR service to their key contacts ensuring that the below responsibilities are focussed on in the business. This will require relationships in the operation to be built, maintained and developed to ensure that all advice and interventions are designed to drive operational performance, employee engagement and fairness.
The roll will be focused on engagement efforts to create a more productive workforce and engage and motivate employees at all levels of the organisation to reduce absence levels, improve retention and increase the skills base across the site. Working with the HR Business Partners the Adviser will look to grow manager capability in dealing with all people issues and offer guidance and support to the operational leaders.
- Promoting the company vision and values, working closely with the management team and other key stakeholders
- Supporting managers with ER issues - including investigations, grievance hearings, AWOL process. Support, guidance and upskilling of managers in the afore mentioned.
- Involvement in the Employee Forum - either by way of organisation, Chair of the meetings or participation - ensuring that actions are captured, circulated and followed up.
- Working with the internal Recruitment Team to discuss current vacancies, future risks and direct recruitment interventions. Including where required the support of all recruitment and onboarding processes.
- Working with the Recruitment and Training Teams to ensure high quality onboarding and induction of all direct employees including follow up retention interventions.
- Work with the HR Business Partner and agencies partners to plan, order and review temporary workers.
- Work to reduce and manage absence levels with the operation with the HR Business Partner through effective management of all policies. Work with line managers to upskill and support management ownership of absence issues.
- Ensure the efficient process of leavers to the business including Exit Interview completion and analysis. Ensure that this work is complete before handing over to the HR Admin and Compliance Team.
- Work with the HR Admin & Compliance team to ensure the completion of all Temp to Perm opportunities.
- Dovetail initiatives with other teams or programs for example health and safety, ensuring an integrated approach that is clearly communicated in an inclusive way.
- Work closely with the HR Admin & Compliance Team and Payroll Dept to ensure that all changes, transfers, additions or corrections to employee files and payments are correct and delivered in a timely manner.
- Working with managers to achieve the site KPI's including, but not limited to, absence, retention, overtime and training
- Ensure that continuous improvement remains at the heart of all employee engagement initiatives and ensure participation in site continuous improvement activities
- Work with managers to develop a 'root cause' and problem solving culture to ensure mistakes are not repeated and cost savings can be achieved across the business
- Assist with any HR projects, reporting requirements or activities as required.
- Work to deliver the HR Team goals inline with the HR Roadmap and Team Charter
If you are interested in the role, click Apply Now and a member of the team will be in touch