We are looking for a pragmatic, commercial and resilient HR advisor to join our human resources team supporting the Malton site. We are looking for an exceptional person to help support the the teams and achievement of wider strategic business goals.
This role will support the management team coordinating Malton sites strategic initiatives including but not limited to; employee relations, performance management, onboarding and development. The role will be focused on employee engagement efforts to create a more productive workforce and motivate employees at all levels of the organisation to reduce absence levels, improve retention and increase the skills base across the site.
- First point of contact for employee queries, either providing advice directly or escalating to other members of the team as appropriate
- Promoting the company vision and values, working closely with the management team and other key stakeholders
- Supporting managers with investigations, disciplinaries and interviews
- Improving employee relations and employee engagement through understanding and responding to feedback and delivery of relevant action plans
- Supporting the design and delivery of internal events to create and sustain dialogue around engagement
- Supporting and driving attendance to employee forums, recording feedback and ensuring continuous improvement remains at the heart of all employee engagement initiatives
- Increasing leadership capability across the site through coaching and mentoring at all levels in the operational environment, providing 'in the moment' feedback
- Working with the team to achieve the site KPI's including, absence, retention, overtime and training
- Administer the full employee lifecycle, including onboarding and offboarding, job changes and promotions and all types of leave
Skills and experience:
- Extensive employee relations experience
- Demonstrable experience of leading both reactive and proactive employee relations interventions that have delivered measurable benefits
- Confident, competent, determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
- Understanding of how to interact with and energize a diverse workforce
- Effective planning, organisation and communication skills
- Extremely strong organisational and time management skills
- Reliable, conscientious, self-motivated and professional
- Effective problem-solving skills and ability to influence solutions
- Promotes a continuous improvement approach by continually challenging the status quo and driving standards forward
- Excellent team working skills
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,000 employees over 13 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.