Health and Safety Manager
An exciting new role working for our TS Bloors, Coalville site, a relatively newly acquired Karro site possessing a strong heritage of producing high-quality product in a way that successfully combines the best of traditional and modern process.
As part of the senior management team you will co-ordinate, improve and manage the health, safety and environmental systems and practices on site. As such we are seeking a health and safety professional from a strong production background who is collaborative in approach and pragmatic in implementing change.
- Create, maintain and improve the health and safety standards throughout the site
- Take responsibility for ensuring that safety legislation is followed
- Leading the site improvement plan from a health and safety perspective, to implement, monitor and review protective and preventative measures
- Take a lead in ensuring that policies and practices are adopted to minimize operational losses, occupational health problems, and accidents
- Negotiating with the management team and safety representatives to eliminate conflict between production and safety considerations
- Leading investigation of accidents and implanting subsequent preventative actions
- Producing statistics and trending for managers after reporting and analysing accidents and near miss figures
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- A solid health and safety background in food manufacturing would be advantageous however other industries would be considered, ideally combined with strong production leadership experience
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety regulations and legislation
- NEBOSH general certificate
- Ability to work flexibly and with resilience in an environment of constantly changing demands
- Working within a financial budget
- Advanced food hygiene certificate - desirable
- HACCP course - desirable
- Train the trainer and/or strong coaching and influencing skills
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (including public holidays)
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.