Health and Safety Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced health and safety manager take to ownership of the health and safety function at out Coalville site.
As part of the senior management team you will co-ordinate, improve and manage the health, safety and environmental systems and practices on site. As such we are seeking a health and safety professional from a strong production background who is collaborative in approach and pragmatic in implementing change.
- Create, maintain and improve the health and safety standards throughout the site
- Take responsibility for ensuring that safety legislation is followed
- Leading the site improvement plan from a health and safety perspective, to implement, monitor and review protective and preventative measures
- Take a lead in ensuring that policies and practices are adopted to minimize operational losses, occupational health problems, and accidents
- Negotiating with the management team and safety representatives to eliminate conflict between production and safety considerations
- Leading investigation of accidents and implanting subsequent preventative actions
- Responsibility for the safety aspects of the company fleet of vehicles and driving regulations (training will be given for this aspect of the role)
- Producing statistics and trending for managers after reporting and analysing accidents and near miss figures
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- A solid health and safety background in food manufacturing would be advantageous however other industries would be considered, ideally combined with strong production leadership experience
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety regulations and legislation
- NEBOSH general certificate
- Ability to work flexibly and with resilience in an environment of constantly changing demands
- Working within a financial budget
- Advanced food hygiene certificate - desirable
- HACCP course - desirable
- Train the trainer and/or strong coaching and influencing skills
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (including public holidays)
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion