HR business partner
12 month maternity leave cover contract
We are looking for an exceptional HR professional to support the achievement of our site HR team and wider company strategic business goals. The role will be responsible for coordinating the sites strategic initiatives including but not limited to; leadership development, employee relations, performance management, onboarding, inductions, training and development. The role will be focused on delivering an effective HR service to all factory areas in an effort to create a more productive workforce and engage and motivate employees at all levels of the organization to reduce absence levels, improve retention and increase the skills base across the site.
- Help drive the business forward, working closely with the management team and other key stakeholders, whilst also managing complex employee relations issues
- Improving employee relations and employee engagement through understanding and responding to feedback and delivery of relevant action plans
- Deliver an effective employee development programme with coaching at its core
- Develop and implement employee recognition schemes designed to motivate and energise the workforce
- Provide an effective, cost effective, timely recruitment plan that ensures the right people with the right skills at the right time are in place for variable production requirements, working with and effectively managing recruitment partners
- Ensure effective succession planning processes are in place for key roles
- Implement communications and briefing programmes that deliver increased employee engagement
- Work with management team to deliver culture change programme, and develop and agree appropriate departmental structures
- Facilitate, influence and execute proposed change management programmes to ensure effectiveness in terms of increased efficiency and cost and legal compliance
- Ensure line management are supported in effective delivery of all grievance, discipline matters and effectively managing absence
- Regular interaction with USDAW trade union reps
- HR business partnering experience from a ideally a unionised, labour intensive manufacturing industry
- Demonstrable experience of leading complex, reactive and proactive employee relations interventions that have delivered measurable benefits
- Pragmatic, commercial and resilient
- CIPD qualified, or equivalent experience, with a sound knowledge of employment law and best practices across the range of people processes
- Proven experience of being part of an HR function that delivers change within a manufacturing and supply chain function
- Understanding of how to interact with and energize a broad range of multi-generational and diverse employee groups
- Exceptional verbal, written communication skills that consist of writing highly effective and engaging content
- Extremely strong organisational and time management skills
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.