Situated at our secondary meat processing facility Haverhill, Suffolk, this role will report directly to the site director and group HR director and will form part of the site senior management team. The incumbent will manage and drive all HR interventions and initiatives onsite, providing support and advice to line managers, as well as leading a small HR team. They will take a lead in ensuring effective employee and industrial relations, adherence to company and statutory policies and procedures and management of the site hourly paid recruitment strategy. Our Haverhill site has a highly diverse workforce of in excess of 300 including factory production and office staff.
- Partner with site leadership to develop a people plan that supports site objectives and lead on all HR related activities - including employee relations, industrial relations; restructures, employee engagement, labour and strategic work force planning, talent strategy and people development plans
- Coach and mentor site leaders in all people skills that drive a high-performance culture (engagement/ reward/ performance management/inclusion/career development/ talent building)
- Employee relations - provide an accessible and professional HR function where by employee queries and issues are resolved in an appropriate, timely and legally compliant manner, minimizing risk of litigation and improving communications
- Supporting line managers to ensure the adherence and fair application of disciplinary and grievance procedures on site
- Hourly labour planning, recruitment and selection, and agency management
- Ensure group and site HR policies and procedures are communicated, implemented and updated on site in a timely and effective manner
- Effectively supporting line managers in effectively monitoring and improving performance and ensuring development plans are in place where needed
- Providing adequate and appropriate advice to line managers, covering all aspects of HR and coaching through difficult or unfamiliar situation, minimising risk for the business
- Implementing absence management techniques and fair and consistent policy across site, ensuring adequate reporting and monitoring methods
- Ensure a full understanding of the ethical requirements on site and ensure the site is compliant and audit ready
- Ensuring all statutory training requirements are identified and implemented for all roles and colleagues on site, ensuring training is adequately undertaken and recorded by the relevant trainers
- Site payroll management for hourly paid colleagues
- Ensuring a sound understanding of HR requirements for customer, technical and BRC audits in order that HR records are maintained and produced to satisfy audit requirements
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Proven generalist HR management experience supporting a site ideally in a fast-paced manufacturing industry however other sectors openly considered
- Experience of and acting as a key partner to the site management team
- Experience of advising line managers across a full range of HR activities, whilst keeping focus on business outcomes
- Able to act with agility and willing to get into the detail as well as think strategically Proven skills in people development - coaching and influencing managers
- Sound and up to date knowledge of employment law
- Extensive experience in managing employee relations
- Great coach - able to be a critical 'friend' to the management team and challenge the status quo
- Ability to manage a number of priorities, determine order and ensure delivery
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Resilient and able to remain calm and in control in a fast-paced, pressured and changeable environment
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.