We are recruiting for an experienced hygiene manager to lead our hygiene teams and be the custodian of hygiene as Karro Scunthorpe site. The post holder will ensure compliance to company and customer hygiene standards and adherence to safety practices. This will involve day to day management of the night hygiene shift teams as well as amenities hygiene team on day shift.
The expectation of the business is that the incumbent will manage their hours flexibly to the needs of the business, this will involve mostly working at night, with some activity on days and occasional weekends.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure both best practice and customer hygiene standards are maintained
- Leadership of the hygiene function across all shifts and non-shift activities
- Budgetary and supplier performance management across all materials and services utilized by the function
- Establish a program of continuous improvement to drive standards and ensure all actions undertaken are adding value
- Securing positive results and feedback from; BRC, retailer and third party audits, shift handovers, site operations, analytical and environmental testing. Ensuring that corrective measures and improvements are made where needed
- Overseeing adhoc site projects from a hygiene perspective
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Experience of industrial cleaning within a FMCG manufacturing environment
- Experience of managing teams across a multi-shift operation, understanding of the various tools and techniques needed to engage individuals and teams to succeed
- Food safety level 3
- HACCP level 2 aspiring to level 3
- Understanding of food microbiology, ability to translate results and identify actions to improve
- Understanding of retail multiple customer requirements and codes of practise
- Experience of managing projects from start to completion
- MS Office including excel
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday per year (plus 3 bank holidays over Christmas)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,000 employees over 13 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.