Hygiene Team Leader
Monday to Friday - 8 hours - 15.00 - 23.00 hours
£10.05 per hour - 40 hours a week, £20904 per annum equivalent
The hygiene team leader forms part of the technical services team in ensuring that the factory equipment and environment are kept and maintained to a high degree of cleanliness, in accordance with company and customer codes of practice and procedures. The role is working within a team structure, closely liaising with production, technical and engineering departments, ensuring those standards are maintained and incorporating improvements where possible or applicable.
- Fully understand COSHH requirements, the chemicals in use within the hygiene department and recognise their scope of use and ensure compliance with the relevant assessments throughout the departments
- Fully understand cleaning systems, schedules and procedures throughout the factory combined with a full understanding of the equipment to ensure high standards are maintained
- Become familiar with the documentation needs of the department, appropriate health and safety procedures and basic understanding of food microbiology
- Develop a good working relationship within the department and between departments to create team attitude
- Ensure product change-over is carried out
- Ensure that High Risk, Low Risk and exterior areas are maintained to a high degree of cleanliness
- Check all cleaning utensils and equipment and ensure cleanliness and tidied away appropriately at the of a shift. Remove damaged equipment and request replacements via the Hygiene Manager.
- Carry out post-engineering cleaning for any engineering work that breaches hygiene standards ensuring that the relevant documentation is signed off
- Monitor the condition of cleaning materials daily and arrange replacements if necessary
- Supervise scheduled hygiene work and complete the relevant documentation and carry out extra cleaning duties for visits and 3rd party audits to a high standard
- Order cleaning material stock levels to your Hygiene Manager ensuring an optimum stock level is maintained
- Have a clear understanding of the Listeria Action Plan, and carry out such duties in accordance to this plan
- Ensure all control panels/motor housings/sensors are covered prior to carrying out any hygiene duties and visual audits are maintained
- Ensure a good level of cleanliness on all environmental surfaces
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- 1 years' experience in a similar role and environment
- Knowledge of hygiene standards
- Basic understanding of food microbiology
- Can do attitude and team work orientated
- Effective organisational skills
- Quality driven
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to challenge the status quo
- Intuition, rational thinking and sound judgement
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate to team
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.