IT Operation Team Lead
An exciting and newly created growth role leading the IT operations team and reporting to the group IT infrastructure and service delivery manager. The incumbent will support the Eight Fifty Food Group infrastructure while taking ownership of major IT projects for the group in line with IT strategy and budget while achieving a high delivery and service standard. Developing systems and services in line with business and ICT requirements and day to day management of the IT Operations team while working closely with the group IT infrastructure and service delivery manager to deliver all group IT requirements and improvements.
- Manage the communication and service calls between the service desk and operations team in line the agreed service levels
- Day to day management of the operations team, including holidays and shift cover
- Manage group IT projects, following the group project processes
- Create and change daily operations check sheets
- Check all daily, weekly and monthly infrastructure tasks including, daily system checks, email journaling, licensing and anti-virus checks
- Support the implementation of the ICT strategy by implementing key activities to deliver the strategy
- Develop expertise in ICT technologies and business environment to ensure that you are aware of the businesses demands
- Engage other members of the team in order to enhance their overall understanding of Group IS and business activities, and improve the operational efficiencies in these areas
- Motivate yourself and others to ensure an enthusiastic and willingness to get the job done
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Technical, project and team management experience
- Solid understanding of the manufacturing industry, preferably food manufacturing or retail
- Microsoft operating systems and office application
- Microsoft SQL database, office 365, cloud services, server and storage and Wan and Lan
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Strong customer relations skills base
- Attention to detail
- Able to exercise judgement and take responsibility for the consequences of actions and decisions
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks and able to work under pressure
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
- Good analytical and numeric skills
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
- 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.