Interim Reporting Accountant
Location: Malton head office/Grimsby
Duration: minimum 3 months
We require someone at relatively short notice to support our growing group finance function by taking responsibility for the writing of a standard accounting policies and procedures manual and defined chart of accounts and mapping for the 850 Food Group of companies (Karro and Youngs). The successful interim will also assist in the completion of IFRS 16 review for Karro. This role will report directly to our group financial controller and indirectly to our group head of internal audit.
- Deliver an accounting policies manual for the 850 Food Group of companies
- Deliver a defined chart of accounts for the 850 Food Group of companies
- Assist in the completion of IFRS 16 review for Karro
Skills and experience:
- ACA (+ post qualification experience)
- Flexible, able to consistently meet deadlines and be consistently motivated and focused on delivery
- Excellent technical accounting skills
- Provides appropriate solutions to problems with proven experience of decision making
- Appreciates the concept of materiality together with the benefit of detail
- Proactive and demonstrates initiative, working both independently and as part of a team
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships quickly and effectively with colleagues
- Objective, maintains unbiased approach and displays integrity at all times
- Excellent communicator (both written and in verbal form to a wide variety of audiences including those at the highest level) and able adapt style to suit situations
- Competitive ltd company day rate offered or fixed PAYE contract
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.