IT Support Assistant
IT Support Assistant
3-month fixed contract
Forming part of the Karro ICT Services team this is an ideal opportunity for someone who is keen to start their career in IT. The post-holder will work alongside our existing team of IT software and systems experts and will involve following basic instructions to upgrade our Microsoft software applications across all business site user laptops and PC's. There will also be the potential to undertake software upgrades at our factories across the UK.
We require applicants that are either immediately available or available at short notice for work, as well as possessing a full UK driving license.
Skills and experience:
- Applicants will not need to have expert knowledge of IT systems, but some working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office 365, combined with a desire to work in an IT related environment
- Prior experience of working within an IT support or service desk capacity would be advantageous but not essential
- Ability to communicate professionally both over the phone and in an office environment
- Ability to engage with all levels of end user
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and team working skills
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year (incl public holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.