IT Service Desk Support
Fixed term contract 6-months
Shift pattern: Mon-Fri 40 hours, rotating day shift pattern and out of hours support
We are recruiting a service desk support analyst to provide support for a wide range of technologies within the Karro Foods and the broader Eight Fifty Group. The role will involve first line and second line contact for customers IT queries via phone, email and the web. You will be responsible for receiving and recording incidents within the incident logging system and liaising with computer users to ensure resolution of the incidents and dealing with third parties were required.
- Administer, analyse and assess the incident to ensure that we meet our service level agreements (SLA)
- Evaluate and determine the priority of each incident logged to ensure that business critical calls are dealt with appropriately and in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain your own expertise in the ICT technologies to ensure personal development through an agreed training plan
- Engage other members of the team in order to enhance their overall understanding of ICT and business activities, and improve the operational efficiencies in these areas
- Record and control business ICT assets
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of ITIL software
- Manage the troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, disaster recovery, liaise with 3rd party support and provides expert support when necessary
- Assist in general IT projects when required
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience within a service desk role (essential)
- Experience of Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook Windows and Server O/S
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to engage and speak with all levels of end user
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Be able to work a day shift pattern of rotating start and finish times and cover 'on call' hours within the team
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year including public holidays
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.