IT Systems support
We are looking for a factory IT system support for our Ribworld site covering all factory IT users and reporting to the site IT manager. The role holder will support local IT requirements and projects at site, maintaining a line of communication with local team and the central group IT team. Taking responsibility for the delivery of IT functional changes and business process improvements at the site and within the Karro group. Ensuring that projects requiring IT involvement are reported and managed in line with the IT corporate governance and procedures with a special emphasis on factory systems.
- Accept, prioritise and respond to all IT incidents and queries reported by factory staff across the RibWorld site with adhoc support for the Callan Bacon site where required
- Assist in the resolution of any service interruptions and implementation of appropriate functional solutions as needed to ensure on-going problems are resolved
- Pro-actively communicate via email or verbally with the internal customer to ensure they are aware of the estimated fix time and any salient information relating to the incident
- Participate in ICT projects to meet timescales on project go
- Manage IT assets and maintenance across the factory
- Support the implementation of the company strategy by evaluating, recommending and implementing key activities
- Maintain specialized knowledge of factory systems and processes
- Regular interaction with internal customers across the business, ensuring incidents are dealt with in a timely fashion and that customers are satisfied
- Work as part of a unified team, driving increased IT and business knowledge throughout and supporting an environment for the whole team to contribute to success
- Manage the process of change effectively
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience of first line IT support combined with a strong IT literacy is essential and knowledge of Hellenic is preferable although training can be provided
- Previous experience of working within an FMCG manufacturing environment (advantageous)
- Experienced user of Active directory, Exchange/Outlook Windows and Server, O/S,Microsoft, Office products, PC imaging, Symantec Backup, Veaam Backup and Replication, Microsoft 365 admin environment and ITIL Foundation
- The ability to prioritise incidents and work under pressure
- Understanding of standards for compliance and quality and awareness of health and safety
- A very keen eye for detail and ability to maintain good, accurate records
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent customer service, communication and negotiation skills
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion