Fixed contract - May-December 2021 (potential to become permanent)
Shift Patterns: Monday to Friday 6.00pm - 2.00am
Due to our ever-expanding growth, we are looking for a number of eager and committed line supervisors to help manage and run our Christmas production lines in relation to our frozen products (pigs in blankets).
The post-holders will have overall day to day responsibility for the production lines, giving equal focus to safety, quality, cost, operations and people as well as being responsible for staffing and performance management and improvement. Maintaining a friendly, professional and efficient working environment ensuring compliance with company strategy regarding people culture.
- Managing high volumes of people in a fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) environment effectively through robust leadership skills
- Managing manufacturing processes and equipment
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives and manage performance within people and processes
- Regular reporting of key KPI metrics, centered around yield, overall equipment effectiveness and waste variances
- Inputting product data onto Hellenic and SAP stock control systems
- Managing employee relation aspects, absence, return to works, investigations disciplinary and grievances in line with company procedures
- Providing cover for the area leaders when required
- Identify training opportunities
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role within FMCG is essential
- Excellent numerical skills and able to interpret data/understand KPIs
- Strong people management and decision-making skills
- IT literate
- Be able to drive and challenge people/processes
- Strive for continuous improvements
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Possess drive, energy and resilience
Proactive health and safety are a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive hourly rates
- 22 days holiday per year (4on4off) (including bank holidays)
- 23 days holiday per year (Mon-Fri) (plus bank holidays) pro rata to shift pattern
- Competitive contributory pension
- Progression and career opportunities
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,000 employees over 13 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion.