This is an excellent opportunity to launch your career with Eight Fifty Food Group (Karro and Young's), providing an opportunity to learn an IT data system that is fundamental to our business operations and finances, whilst also providing an opportunity to engage with the Eight Fifty group sites and suppliers.
The post-holder will be reporting to the Masterdata Team leader and will be an integral part of the Masterdata team as the team develops by creating and maintaining the master-data to ensure the continuation of supply to and from the business and the on-going accuracy of the master data for the Eight Fifty Group. They will work to a high standard of accuracy and efficiency, assisting with all queries and problems, delivering an exceptional service to our customers.
- Ensure prompt, accurate and complete processing of information received
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the group management accountant, accounts payable, finance teams and company suppliers
- Ensure prompt, accurate and complete processing of documents received
- Assist in the enhancement of the company's total business supplier relationship
- Effectively work with other parties to overcome any supplier or site queries by identifying and overcoming obstacles efficiently
- Communicate clearly, effectively and accurately with the customer, both verbally and in writing
- Ensure compliance with all current rules and regulations relevant to the role, following appropriate procedures in carrying out duties
- Report any concerns immediately to the team leader
- Work with the group management accountant and master-data team in the setting of agreed performance targets, and reporting against achievement of target
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- Experience of working with large data sets
- Experience of working with SAP (advantageous)
- Some knowledge or experience of system integration would be an advantage although not essential
- Demonstrates financial understanding
- Good communication skills with the capability to communicate confidently internally & externally
- Ability to work within an agreed, established framework and cope with pressure, working to deadlines and targets demonstrating a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to report accurately
- IT literate with experience of processing computer-based data
- Act decisively under challenging conditions and take full responsibility and accountability for actions to ensure standards of excellence are achieved
Proactive health and safety is a prerequisite to employment at Karro Foods. All roles have a responsibility to demonstrate commitment to the companies' health and safety goals, and as such it forms an essential component of all job descriptions, at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays)
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked pork products with c. 4,500 employees over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally. We have full production chain visibility and our pork is eaten by millions of consumers every year.
Karro is part of the Eight Fifty Group which with the acquisitions of Youngs and Greenland Seafood is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses, with sites across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and France and sales of circa £1.9 billion