This is an excellent opportunity to launch your career with Karro Food group, providing an opportunity to learn an IT data system that is fundamental to our business operations and finances, whilst also providing an opportunity to engage with the Karro sites and our suppliers.
The post-holder will create and maintain masterdata for the whole Karro business to ensure the continuation of supply to and from the business. They will work to a high standard of accuracy and efficiency, assisting with all queries and problems, delivering an exceptional service to our customers. Taking a full and active role in the administrative duties of the department with a flexible and proactive approach in accordance with changing priorities.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the group management accountant, accounts payable, finance teams and company suppliers
- Ensure prompt, accurate and complete processing of documents received
- Assist in the enhancement of Karro's total business supplier relationship
- Effectively work with other parties to overcome any supplier or site queries by identifying and overcoming obstacles efficiently
- Communicate clearly, effectively and accurately with the customer, both verbally and in writing
- Ensure compliance with all current rules and regulations relevant to the role, following appropriate procedures in carrying out duties
- Report any concerns immediately to the group management accountant
- Work with the group management accountant and masterdata team in the setting of agreed performance targets, and reporting against achievement of targets
Skills and experience:
- Experience of working within a large organisation
- Experience of working with large data sets
- Ability to demonstrate achievements and process improvements in previous roles
- Good communication skills with the capability to communicate confidently internally & externally
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work within an agreed, established framework and cope with pressure, working to deadlines and targets demonstrating a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to report accurately
- IT literate with experience of processing computer based data
- Act decisively under challenging conditions and take full responsibility and accountability for actions to ensure standards of excellence are achieved
- Work in an open and honest manner, with a focus on strong communication to create relationships based on a culture of sharing information
- Competitive salary
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group is a major UK food business, employing c. 5,000 people over 14 sites across the UK and Ireland and generating turnover of £1.2bn. Karro is a leading producer of both fresh and cooked meat products, and, following its recent acquisition of Young's Seafood, is now one of the UK's leading multi-protein food businesses. The business supplies to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers globally.